With an increasing number of challenging wells becoming more and more commonplace, more advanced simulation tools are required to plan and operate these with an acceptable risk. With increased complexity the margins are decreasing and this makes accurate models including transient effects even more important.
Combining the WELLFLO, OLGA and Drillbench technology, SPT Group is providing a range of user friendly, dynamic models tailored for the drilling industry. A unique combination of simulation power and efficient user interfaces yields a working environment ideally suited for the drilling life cycle.
OLGA Blowout Control successfully addresses simulation needs in the most extreme cases, but is also proven for the life cycle of modelling needs in blowout scenarios.
Environmental risk assessment:
- Anticipated surface blowout flowrates
- Worst case discharge scenario
- Required kill mud density and kill flow rates in main well and relief well
- Operational sequence and mud supplies
- Investigate underground blowout and crossflow effects
- Different well/drillstring configurations
- Verification of casing design
- Verify changes in contingency plans
- Verify kill operations