This three-day course is intended to turn the beginner into an OLGA user, capable of executing realistic flow assurance tasks.
A mixture of lectures and hands-on exercises help you understand flow assurance challenges, the fundamentals of multiphase pipeline thermo-hydraulics and how to apply OLGA in realistic flow assurance issues.
The topics covered by lectures, exercises and hand-out material include*):
- Basic multiphase production hydraulics and thermal issues
- Introduction to OLGA topology and basic assumptions
- Introduction to PVTsim
- Flow Assurance issues for oil and gas-condensate production
- Terrain slugging mitigation, hydrodynamic slugging and OLGA Slugtracking
- Shut-in, cool-down, start-up and depressurization of a well-flow
- Building a simulation model with minimum info
- Gas condensate pipe-modeling - characteristic steady state behavior, pigging, turndown, ramp-up, three-phase flow, separator with level control.
The exercises are conducted using the OLGA Graphical User Interface (GUI) and thus all major features of the GUI are covered, e.g. model building, case execution, parametric studies and effective post-processing. Fluid property tables for OLGA are generated with PVTsim and an exercise is also dedicated to this.
The course is useful for the beginning to intermediate OLGA user, the prospective OLGA licensee and the design or operations professional interested in exploring the uses and capabilities of multiphase transient simulations. Our experienced instructors focus on teaching how you can turn your data into a good and effective OLGA model and how you should perform your simulations. No previous experience with OLGA is necessary, but a general knowledge of pipe flow and thermodynamics is an advantage.
*) The actual material covered will depend somewhat on the progress of the hands-on exercises which is a significant part of the training. When deviations from the agenda seem necessary the instructor will decide how to proceed in dialog with the students. However, all the topics mentioned are covered in the hand-out material as stated - and the student should try to go through topics eventually not covered - after coming back to office.
For full pricelist, see the Course Calendar for this course.
Go to registration to sign up for the course.