Easy setup of session files provides a unique tool for every aspect of the work flow process.
Dynamic simulations with Drillbench software provide safe and reliable planning and execution of any challenging drilling operation, minimising expensive non-productive rig time.
Small margins and increased complexity put more focus on well planning. Large temperature variations will have a significant effect on well behavior. No matter how narrow your operational window, dynamic well planning will optimise hydraulics, gel effects, casing design, well control operations, and tripping speeds. Dynamic planning can make the crucial difference for an advanced operation.
Identify your operational limits:
- Replicate complete drilling operations
- Understand dynamic effects such as thermal expansion
- Use multiphase kick tolerance simulations
- Optimise your well design
How does a kick enter the well and evolve? Why, when and what choke regulations are necessary? What kind of pressure and flow rates can be anticipated during a well control operation? How long can the well be static before the temperatures reach above the tool rating? Why can it be important to maintain a specific flow rate to avoid turbulent flow? What gas injection rates are ideal?
Train your personnel:
- Learn your well’s operational limitations
- Prepare for unplanned events
- Use automatic and interactive simulations
- Avoid costly mistakes
Identifying the possible cause for deviation from normal well behavior is important in order to make the right decision for the next operational step. Is the actual influx volume larger than the pit gain observed due to dissolution in oil based mud? Is thermal expansion accounting for parts of your pressure build up? Is your ECD profile still within your margins when pumps are off?
Keep watch over your operation:
- Detect abnormal well behavior early
- Know downhole conditions at all times
- Validate your next operational plan
- Minimise non-productive rig time
Unexpected events can occur regardless of how well the operation is planned. Proper post analysis facilitates learning and improvement. Specify the actual operation leading up to an event as a batch job in Drillbench, and it will be easy to run sensitivities to gain understanding of what went wrong. Benchmark for future planning by comparing simulated versus actual data.
Optimise your procedures:
- Analyse unexpected events
- Learn about downhole conditions
- Transfer knowledge to future projects
- Improve cost efficiency